Full width home advertisement

BLOG

STORIES


Mitrakis Filippos

How my time at Salford Business School has prepared me for a career in Social Media Marketing for post COVID world


Universityof Salford (Salford Business School)



Nobody can deny that the covid-19 period was difficult for all of us. This situation affected some people positively and some of them negatively. 

Personally, I believe that this period helped me to find qualitative time for myself for the purpose of guiding me to plan my future career. One of my plans was to improve my educational skills by taking a master's degree in Digital Marketing. After a long period of research, I resulted that the suitable university for me was Salford University. The high quality of teaching and the Industry Collaboration Project were some of the reasons that influenced me to go to this University.



MSc Digital Marketing

 

                           What is Digital Marketing?




The purpose of this course is to equip the marketing students with the necessary digital marketing knowledge in order to penetrate the marketing industry with the correct supplies.

 

The modules which helped us to have a deep knowledge of Digital Marketing were:


·       Digital Marketing Analytics and Strategy

·       Offline and Online Consumer behavior

·       Digital Marketing Communications

·       Search and Social Media Marketing 




During my journey on this MSc, I can admit that I found all the modules exciting and challenging at the same time. Each module equipped me with the essential marketing techniques which there are nowadays in this area in order to be ready to deal with the high antagonism. 


Some of the skills and the techniques which I learned from the modules are the below:


·       Search Engine Optimization (SEO),

·       Search Engine Marketing (SEM),

·       Pay Per Click (PPC),

·       Key Metrics,

·       Personal Branding,

·       Online and Offline Consumer Behavior,

·       Digital Marketing Communications,

·       Search Engine Result Pages (SERP)

·       Digital Marketing Strategies,

·       Buyer Persona Development,

·       Online Analytics,

·       Integrated Marketing,

·       Content Marketing


The module which attracted me most was Search & Social Media Marketing.



What is Social Media marketing?

 

Social media marketing is the process of using social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest, to connect with people who are interested in company's product or service, to grow its brand, and to drive website's traffic. The task involves publishing great content on social media profiles, listening and engaging with followers, monitoring results, and running social media advertisements.

The major social media platforms (at the moment) are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok.


This module had a combination of theoretical and practical parts. The only issue, which personally I had, was that the whole module was delivered online except for one day pes week face to face due to the pandemic, and it was difficult for me to understand some practical parts distantly. Nevertheless, Thanks to our professors Mr. Mirase, Dr. Olawale, and Ryan, the process of the module was pleasant, and they always raised our interest via questions and group exercises.  

 


The combination of the deeply informed professors and their modernized teaching style was the fire to make me love this job industry even more. I am certain all this knowledge that I received in this period from Salford University, and more specifically from these brilliant professors, will be helpful in order to build my professional career in one customer-focused company, such as Apple.



I hope that this blog post has been useful to some people and indirectly addressed the blog title for my assignment. If you do want any advice regarding digital marketing or applying to study at Salford University, please feel free to get in touch.



Follow me :

LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/filippos-mitrakis-962535193/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009103159841 

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/philipmitrakis/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib